Monday, March 9, 2009

March 8th observations

Since we've been here the wind has whipped the lush round and round, the rain has pounded in monsoon sheets, the wind chimes excitedly singing their pristine songs.  Tonight was a family night.  My family is not the common family, it's not the family I had as a child.  It's the family I wanted as a child.  Highly expressive, completely open, lovingly confrontational, expansive and grateful.  
Everyone is sleeping now, and as I do every night I have a few drags off of a rolly.  The wind and the rain have stopped.  Everything is still except the four cats meandering around the deck.  This is all okay with me somehow.  I remember wanting something else or something more, and it's no longer true.  We'll never stop working.  We're a family of workers.  Kathy told me that I've grown into my face, she was complimenting the age she sees.  It's true, I don't feel twelve so much anymore.  

No comments:

Post a Comment